Entrepreneurial teams consisting of three to five high school students each take the stage to pitch a business idea to a panel of business experts. This can be a high school class project led by a teacher, an after school project led by a volunteer, or a team formed by a group of individual students. There is no obligation or cost to the school or students who participate in this program. A Dare to Dream representative will be available to talk to all participants to assist them in preparing for the competition.
- A letter of intent to compete must be submitted by November 1, 2018 to Mike Thompson or Mick Fosson.
- The pitch will be a maximum of five minutes.
- The panel of judges will then have the opportunity to question the students for a maximum of five minutes.
- You can find more information on how to do a pitch on the Powerpoint and summary pages.
- How to come up with ideas on the how to begin page.
- Each state will have a semi-final to determine who will go to the finals. The Ohio state semi-final will be held at Shawnee State University on February 28, 2019. The Kentucky state semi-final is yet to be announced. The final will be held at Shawnee State on March 19, 2019 in the Flohr Lecture Hall, starting at 5:00 p.m.
- All prize monies will be distributed in cash to the winning teams. See awards for details.
Below is a short video with general presentation tips: