Please submit written summaries 48 hours prior to the final competition!
You are encouraged to improve your written summary after the regional competition.
To submit your written summary, click the START link or email email@example.com.
These guidelines are for the written summary, which must be only one page long. Your summary could be all text, or might include pictures and graphics. Just be sure to include the following information:
- In a few points, briefly describe your idea.
- What is the problem you want to solve?
- Why is your solution better than an existing solution(s)?
- It should be clear to judges how you plan to solve the problem.
- Who has the problems your idea solves?
- Who would be excited to buy your product?
- Why will they want to use your product or service?
- Who would be your competition?
- Demonstrate a realistic outlook by recognizing others doing similar things.
- Can customers solve the problem you posed by themselves?
- If no one else is doing something similar, can you explain why?
- What do you need to get started?
- What equipment, space, and skills do you need?
- What funds will be necessary?
- What is your startup timeframe?
- Who is involved – identify your team and your advisors
- If someone funded you tomorrow, what would be your first steps?
Here are two sample WRITTEN summaries for you to consider:
(A past winner)
(From an Ohio University Pitch Competitor)